‘Building a Character’
…work with Kirk using the American-based Meisner and Method techniques during this four-week online scene study session.
August 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th at 10am PST.
International Master Classes 2020
Space is limited for these workshops.
Subscribe to the mailing list for updated locations & events.
The Actor’s Kitchen workshops have helped many actors, writers, and directors gain a better understanding of strong acting technique; encouraging artists to fully be who they are while realizing their full potential. Kirk’s work also helps participants to practice the differences between acting on stage, on camera and in a casting office. All work is Meisner and Method based…using movement, sensory work, improvisation, and script analysis.
All workshops are predominantly for actors, but can also benefit writers, directors or folks just looking to get more comfortable in their own skin. The work can and does benefit all.
Learn how to:
- Strengthen your acting technique while working in a safe and inspiring environment.
- Make strong choices that aid in the delivery of a performance that is truthful and alive.
- Keep your work fresh and consistent.
- Overcome personal blocks while achieving your full potential.
What you can expect:
- One-on-one coaching (in a class room setting) to help fine-tune your work.
- Go through the process of working on monologues and scenes while releasing emotion with freedom and clarity.
- Greater confidence in how you approach and experience your work as an artist.